The following headings are designed to give you a basic understanding of what the Canada-Alberta Job Grant is, how it works, and the benefits your organization may experience as a result of being involved in it.
Columbia College would be happy to discuss becoming your training provider. Our contact information is provided below.
What is the Canada-Alberta Job Grant?
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is an employer-driven training program. This means that employers decide on who gets training and what type of training may be needed for new and existing employees. Employers are required to use a third-party training provider to deliver the formal training either onsite, online, or in a classroom setting.
How it Works
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will reimburse companies for 2/3 of the training costs for courses that:
- are a minimum 24 hours in duration
- completed within 52 weeks of the approval date and
- result in some sort of credential.
The grant can be used for current employees to gain skills or for potential employees whom you would hire after the completion of training.
- Training will be funded to a maximum of $10,000 per employee or $300,000 per applicant (company).
- Training must be delivered by a third-party such as Columbia College
- Employers are required to cover a minimum of 1/3 of the training costs.
- Requests for funding usually take about 30 days to approve once submitted to the Province.
This is an opportunity for employers to substantially lower the costs of training. Employers who have been unable to offer training to their staff due to budget constraints may be able to utilize this opportunity to augment their training budgets. It is an investment in the skill development of their current and potential employees. This may lead to increased productivity, profit, and employee retention.
Get more information
- You will find all of the Canada-Alberta Job Grant information, forms, and guides you will need at http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/employers/jobgrant.aspx
- If you would like to discuss how Columbia College could help you move forward, then please contact Tom Snell at email@example.com