- Registered Dental Hygienist registered with provincial regulatory body
- Registered Dental Assistant registered with provincial regulatory body.
- Alberta RDAs must have the following skills:
- Provisional Coverage and Restorations
- Dental Dam
- Polish and fluoride
- Topical Anaesthetic
- Suture removal
- Bases and liners
Part I: Orthodontic Theory
Cost – $225
- 3 month self-study (online course).
- Continuous intake (students can start any time after registering).
- Written exam must be written and successfully passed (80%) within 3 months of registration.
- One rewrite exam permitted ($100)
Part II: Clinical Orthodontic Procedures
Cost: $895 (24-27 hours)
Dates: June 5 – 7, 2020; September 18-20, 2020; and October 23-25, 2020
- Students can register for Part II after successful completion of the orthodontic written examination.
- Part II must be completed within 12 months of successful completion of the orthodontic written examination.
- Students who have successfully completed the Orthodontic Theory material from other approved programs may register for Clinical Orthodontic Procedures at Columbia College as well.
Information and Registration
Please contact the Dental Assisting Continuing Education Coordinator (Heather Nelson) for questions or to register at 403-648-2254 or by email at heathern@COLUMBIA.ab.ca.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self