Strategic De-escalation is an introductory course that provides training in human physiology, use-of-force decision making, situational awareness, and tactical communication strategies to understand and de-escalate situations. This course was developed based on the latest in cognitive behavioral research and its application by expert front-line communicators.
- Strategic De-escalation is accredited by the Alberta Solicitor General for peace officers and security personnel.
- In-service courses focusing on Tactical Communication (8 hr) and Situational Awareness (4 hr) are forthcoming in summer 2022.
Although this program was original developed for law enforcement and security personnel, it can also be used in Front Line positions as well, to intervene and gain control of potentially dangerous situation. Verbal control tactics can be used throughout every situation and around 99% of all situations can be resolved using this strategy. This course is designed to be taught over 24 hours either in a classroom or on-line setting and provides training in human physiology, use-of-force decision making, situational awareness, and tactical communication strategies.
The Strategic De-Escalation course is delivered online.
Participants will be issued a certificate of completion upon passing the final exam with 80% or better.
- Module 1: Human physiology under stress
- Module 2: Use of force considerations
- Module 3: Personal safety in situations
- Module 4: Situational awareness
- Module 5: Tactical communication
This course is offered on a continuous basis. Please contact us for more information on enrollment.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Assessments Yes