Our EAL programs offer you the opportunity to choose your pathway and achieve your career goal. You can develop the communications skills needed for living, working, and learning in an English speaking environment. You can achieve a promotion at your place of work.
Our classes are small so you easily get the attention of your facilitator.
Alberta Human Services Grant funding may be available for both full-time and part-time eligible students.
- Full-time day classes – 4.5 Hours per day, Monday – Friday – total of 22.5 hours per week
- Hours: 9:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Part-time funded classes are available during the day and in the evening.
- Evening classes are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 pm—9:00 pm.
- EAL classes are available from CLB-4 to CLB-8
- Small classes (average size of 15 students)
- Tutoring support available – individual, group, and in-class
- Students who achieve CLB 8 in all four skill areas will graduate from the EAL program and will be eligible to apply for other programs at Columbia College. Please contact your advisor for more information.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes