Employment Training – Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeping
Compare your Experience
Click here to learn more about how your experience at Columbia College would be different from most post secondary institutions.
This program is for individuals who want to work in entry level roles within the Accounting Industry. The primary focus will be on preparation and training in manual Bookkeeping and Computerized Accounting (QuickBooks).
Some examples of jobs include: Accounting Assistant, Accounting Clerk, Accounting Technician, Bookkeeper, Customer Service Representative, Night Auditor and Inventory Controller.
Accounting Assistant/Bookkeepers Earn: $15.00 – $23.00 per hour to start.
Employers of Graduates
The following is a list of organizations that have hired graduates of this program:
- Scotia Bank
- H&R Block
- Ahmed Kazi Accounting & Management Corporation
- Fresh Bite
CLB 5/6 (48 week program) or CLB 6+ (32 week program) and Mathematical Skills Grade 9+.
This is an excellent program for those who have completed ESL and/or have reached satisfactory levels of LINC study.
- 32 or 48 week program
- Get Academic Upgrading in Essential Skills English, Math, and Computers (48 week program only).
- Get training in:
- Occupation Specific Vocabulary
- Workplace Language, Culture and Communications
- Customer Service
- Work Strategies
- Work experience placement – up to 5 weeks
- Career and Job placement support from the Employment Specialist/Job Coach.
Click Here to see a list of Faculty Members for this course.
For a full list of courses, please click here.
Tutoring is available for students. If you require tutoring, please contact your Program Chair or Coordinator.
Tuition Fees and General Fees
Full-Time Enrollment Costs
This program is funded by Alberta Human Services through Alberta Labour. Students may be eligible to receive financial assistance to attend full-time. Please contact the Student Admission Advisor at 403-235-9300 for further details. For more information about tuition and the Columbia College Tuition chart, please see the Tuition and Fees page.
- Apply for admission by filling out an application form. The form may be submitted by email, fax, mail, or apply online. Please see Admissions for more details.
- An Admissions Advisor will contact you with the necessary information.
Students who successfully complete their educational goals as set out in their Individual Student Service Plan will receive a Certificate of Program Completion (must achieve minimum course requirement of 70% or higher in each course). All graduates will be invited to attend the College Convocation ceremony.
For more information…
For more information, please Contact Us…
Apply Now for your program of choice.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self