Employment Training – Child Care Attendant
Compare your Experience
Click here to learn more about how your experience at Columbia College would be different from most post secondary institutions.
This program is for individuals who want to work as Childcare Workers, Child Care Assistants or Lunch Room Supervisors in nursery schools, preschools, childcare centres, day homes, community centres or the Calgary Board of Education.
Examples of jobs include: Day Care Worker, Day Home Provider, Early Childhood Instructor, and Early Childhood Educator.
Child Care Assistants Earn: $13.60 – $17.00 per hour to start.
Employers of Graduates
The following is a list of organizations that have hired graduates of this program:
- Blossom Heights Childcare Centre
- Clever Day Care Centre
- 2 The Core Training
- Play N’Learn
- Comfort Keepers
- BrightPath Forest Heights
CLB 4 (48 week program) or CLB 5+ (32 week program) and Mathematical Skills Grade 3+
This is an excellent program for those who have completed ESL and/or have reached satisfactory levels of LINC study.
This is a 32 week or 48 week program.
- Get Academic Upgrading in Essential Skills English, Math, and Computers (48 week program only).
- Study occupation specific modules
- Get training in:
- Occupation Specific Vocabulary
- Workplace Language, Culture and Communications
- Customer Service
- Work Strategies
- Work experience placement – up to 5 weeks
- Job placement support from Practicum Employment Specialist/Job Coach.
- Get Certificates in:
- Child Development Assistant (formerly Level One)
- Standard Child Care First Aid CPR/AED Level B
- Food Safety
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
Click Here to see a list of Faculty Members for this course.
For a full list of courses, please click here.
Tuition Fees and General Fees
Full-Time Enrollment Costs
This program is funded through Alberta Labour. Students may be eligible to receive financial assistance. Please contact the Student Admission Advisor at 403-235-9300 for further details. For more information about tuition and the Columbia College Tuition chart, please see the Tuition and Fees page.
- Apply for admission by filling out an application form. The form may be submitted by email, fax, mail, or apply online. Please see Admissions for more details.
- An Admissions Advisor will contact you with the necessary information.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be awarded a Child Development Assistant (formally Level 1) from Alberta Human Services and a Columbia College Child Care Assistant Certificate (must achieve minimum course requirement of 70% or higher in each course). All graduates will also be invited to attend the College Convocation ceremony.
For more information…
For more information, please Contact Us…
Apply Now for your program of choice.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self