Employment Training – Sales and Services
This program is intended for individuals seeking employment in industries that are engaged in occupations involving sales and services as it’s primarily job.
Some examples of sales jobs: Cashier, Customer Services Representative, Product Demonstrator, Retail Salesperson, Sales Clerk, and Stock Person.
Some examples of services jobs: Baker Assistant, Banquet Server, Baggage Handler, Bakery Clerk, Call Centre Agent, Cake Decorator, Customer Services Clerk, Food Server, Hotel/Motel Clerk, Furniture Mover, Housekeeping Attendant, Kitchen Helper, Laundry Worker, Landscaping Worker, and Security Guard.
Sales and Services Industry Workers Earn: $11 – $20/hr.
Columbia College’s Employment Training programs are designed to prepare students for employment in different sectors of the economy. Through an Admissions Interview and Career Planning appointment, you will receive help reaching your career and employment goal. This is an excellent program for those who have completed ESL and/or have reached satisfactory levels of LINC study.
Upon successful completion of your program, you will receive a Columbia College certificate. Some programs offer government certificates. Please see the information below and view our fact sheets.
This is a 16 week or 32 week program.
Entry Requirements: CLB 2 – 6 (level required is dependent on career of interest)
- Get Academic Upgrading in Essential Skills English, Math, and Computers.
- Study occupation specific modules to prepare for work experience
- Get training in:
- Occupation specific vocabulary
- Workplace language, culture and communications
- Customer Service
- Work Strategies
- Work experience placement – up to 6 weeks
- Career and Job placement support from the Employment Specialist/Job Coach.
- Certificates in: WHMIS, Alberta Health Services Food Safety, CPR and First Aid, etc may be included as part of your program.
Course List and Descriptions
For a full course list and descriptions for the Employment Training Department programs, please click here.
Tuition Fees and General Fees
Full-Time Enrollment Costs
This program is funded by Alberta Human Services. Students may be eligible to receive financial assistance to attend full-time. Courses are also offered on a user-fee basis. Please contact the Student Admission Advisor at 403-235-9300 for further details. For more information about tuition and the Columbia College Tuition chart, please see the Tuition and Fees page.
- Apply for admission by filling out an application form. The form may be submitted by email, fax, mail, or apply online. Please see Admissions for more details.
- An Admissions Advisor will contact you with the necessary information.
Sales and Service – 70% (10% in further education)
As our graduates continue to seek employment, we will help them with this process.
Students who successfully complete their educational goals as set out in their Individual Student Service Plan will receive a Certificate of Program Completion. They will also be invited to attend the College Convocation ceremony.
For more information…
For more information, please Contact Us…
Apply Now for your program of choice.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self