Threat Pattern Recognition Use of Force
Formally known as Pressure Point Control Tactics (PPCT)
The Threat Pattern Recognition (TPR) Use of Force is a system that examines the patterns associated with an assault or a lethal assault and engineers a tactical solution based on science and motor performance. The TPR system embraces the realities of time, and engineers solutions that change tactical timelines. This system is an outcome of Pressure Point Control Tactics’ (PPCT’s), tactical, legal, and medical research, as well as PPCT’s Survival Reactions Time Research.
This course is completed in 38 hours over 5 days.
Candidates will learn:
- Evolution of Human Factor Engineered System
- HFRG Threat Pattern Recognition Methodology
- HFRG Design Methodology
- HFRG Combat Human Factors
- HFRG Combat Use of Force and Survival Principals
- HFRG Tactical Handcuffing:
- HRFG Escort Position and Joint Lock Control
- HFRG Pressure Point Control Tactics
- HRFG Defensive Counter Strikes
- HRFG Shoulder Pin Restraint System
- HRFG Impact Weapon/Collapsible Baton System:
- HRFG Weapon Retention/Disarming
- HRFG Identifying the Limits of Firefight Performance and the Threat Pattern Recognition Solution
- TPR Resistance Movement Time Examples
- HRFG Training Protocols
Click Here to see a list of Faculty Members for this course.
What do you need?
- Dress in loose, comfortable clothing consistent with physical activity
- Bring a pen and paper (lots of theory and PowerPoints)
- Bring a water bottle (as you will be working hard)
- Have your evenings free for homework and rest (you’ll need it)
This is a Law Enforcement level course. The information and skills taught will require focused and dedicated effort in order to be successful.
It is not an ‘easy’ course.
Any pre-existing injuries (especially shoulders and knees) may prevent you from successfully completing the course
as the techniques are physically demanding and highly repetitious in nature.
The TPR/Use of Force certificate is required by any security company who carries and uses impact weapons (batons).
The Solicitor General will require a copy with your certificate as well.
Once enrolled in this continuing education course, no refund will be issued.
Columbia College’s tuition and general fees come into effect August 1 of each year.
Tuition for the course: $450 (exam fee is included when writing at our Calgary campus).
Upon successful completion of an authorized TPR/Use of Force course an individual will be eligible to write the mandatory exam. Columbia College will issue a certificate of completion upon passing the written exam with 80% or better and passing the pass-fail practical exam, after which an individual may add baton and use of force training to his/her license. The Certificate is valid for 3 years.
Refund of Tuition Fees
Once enrolled in this Continuing Education course, no refund will be issued.
For further information please contact the Security Services Unit at: 403.235.9321 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self