Employment Training – Trades Helper
Compare your Experience
Click here to learn more about how your experience at Columbia College would be different from most post secondary institutions.
This program is for individuals who want employment in industries that use trades helpers. It can also be the beginning of apprenticeships. If you are interested in preparing for a Trades Exam or Apprenticeship, you will receive assistance and support in this area.
Some examples of jobs: Construction Worker, Furnace Cleaning Helper, Mechanic’s Helper, Plumber’s Helper, Salon Helper and Welder’s Helper.
Trades Industry Workers: Earn $13.60 – $29.00 per hour to start.
CLB 4-6 (CLB levels and Mathematical requirements depend on career of interest).
This is an excellent program for those who have completed ESL and/or have reached satisfactory levels of LINC study.
This is a 16 week or 32 week program.
- Get Academic Upgrading in Essential Skills English, Math, and Computers.
- Study occupation specific modules to prepare for work experience
- Get training in:
- Occupation Specific Vocabulary
- Workplace language, Culture and Communications
- Customer Service
- Work Strategies
- Work experience placement – up to 6 weeks
- Job placement support from the Employment Specialist/Job Coach.
- Certificates in:
- <li”Standard First Aid
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
Please note: Certificates will depend on career.
Click Here to see a list of Faculty Members for this course.
Course List and Descriptions
For a full course list and descriptions for the Employment Training Department programs, please click here.
Tuition Fees and General Fees
Full-Time Enrollment Costs
This program is funded by Alberta Human Services. Students may be eligible to receive financial assistance to attend full-time. Please contact the Student Admission Advisor at 403-235-9300 for further details. For more information about tuition and the Columbia College Tuition chart, please see the Tuition and Fees page.
- Apply for admission by filling out an application form. The form may be submitted by email, fax, mail, or apply online. Please see Admissions for more details.
- An Admissions Advisor will contact you with the necessary information.
Upon successful completion of your program, you will receive a Columbia College Certificate of Program Completion. All graduates will be invited to attend the College Convocation ceremony.
For more information…
For more information, please Contact Us…
Apply Now for your program of choice.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self