Arrive at least 30 minutes earlier in order to walk to Building 802, check with reception, and be processed for the assessment/test.
If you arrive late, you will not be permitted to start the assessment and will need to schedule another appointment.
If you have to cancel your appointment, please Students who scheduled their assessment using the online scheduling reminder tool. You will be emailed a reminder of your assessment, which includes instructions on how you can cancel/reschedule. Alternatively, please contact your advisor prior to the scheduled date or on Saturdays the main reception line at 403-235-9300.
Welcome to Columbia College! We look forward to assisting you in your pursuit of a rewarding lifelong career.
When writing an assessment at Columbia College, please note the following:
- Prior to writing the assessment, students will be asked to present a government issued photo ID card, such as a Driver’s license or a PR card. Students who do not have a government issued photo ID with them will be asked to reschedule their assessment.
- Please note that children will not be allowed in the College during the assessment. Students will be asked to reschedule their assessment if children are brought to the College
- Because the College closes at 5:30 pm on Tuesdays, only registered students will be allowed in the college during the assessment. Anyone waiting for a student to complete the test will be asked to wait outside the building.
- All personal belongings will need to be placed at the front of the room or in a designated location, as indicated by the Proctor.
- Students will not be permitted to wear outdoor clothing, such as large winter jackets, in the assessment room.
- Cell phones, headsets, and other electronic devices will not be allowed during the assessment. Cell phones should be turned off and placed at the front of the room.
- Once the assessment is handed out, students will not be able to talk to each other in the assessment room.
- Students should remain in the assessment room until they complete the assessment. For restroom breaks, please ask the Proctor.
- Once an assessment is completed and received by the Proctor, students will be asked to leave the assessment room.
- Cheating on an assessment is taken very seriously, and any act of cheating (talking with other assessment writers, looking and copying another student’s work, use of a cell phone) will invalidate the assessment and as a result, a student’s application may be cancelled.
Thank you for choosing Columbia College. We look forward to working with you.
Find us at:
Administration Office - Building 802
802 Manning Road NE, T2E7N8
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed all weekends and statutory holidays
Please check in with the front desk and you may be provided with a parking pass. We ask that you park in a marked Columbia College parking stall that is not in the visitor section. This is for days. If you are attending in the evening or the weekend, please park in a marked Columbia College parking stall. No pass is required.
If there are no Columbia College spots available, you must park in the North Public Paid Parking lot (click here to see the map). There is metered parking.
Cost: $5.00 – whole day parking. Credit card is the only form of payment accepted.